Monday, February 9, 2009

~*Aubrie Rose*~

~*Announcing our new baby girl*~
~*Aubrie Rose*~
Febuary 9th, 2009
5:16am
5 pounds 12 oz
19 inches long
Minutes old :)



Sky and her new baby sister Noah and his new baby sister
Proud Grandma w/Aubrie
Daddy and Aubrie
Sweet sweet girl Mommy and Aubrie :)
~*Coming home from the hospital in the carseat bed that we had to rent*~ A few more from the hospital


I thought I would be there for days with them trying to induce me. But we got there on the 8th at 5:30pm and they put in some cervix ripening gel... and like 5 minutes later I started having what felt like strong contractions back to back, like every 2 minutes! They were having a hard time picking them up so they werent sure how strong they were.. ( they said there was no room on my stomch for the monitor)Nate and I tried to watch a few movies, or I should say Nate because I wasnt really able to focus on anything... plus I had to lay down in one position for 2 hours which wasnt all the comfortable either :)...

At midnight they started pitocin and I was about 3cm dilated, so we stayed up all night having fun contractions ( and watching tv ) Eventually my water broke on its own, but I have no idea when that was :O) After hitting about 7cm everything went pretty quick and she was realy to come into the world... During that stage it was really scary, she was REALLY ready to come but the dr wasnt even at the hospital..Her heart rate kept dropping into the 60's during contractions and sometimes it would dissapear, ugh! At one point the nurses kept having to arrange and hold my stomach so she would stay in and so her heartrate would stay up... I was SOOOOO scared that we were going to lose her :( especially when her heart rate would dissapear. Ask Nate, I was asking him every second what her heart rate was at and why I wasnt hearing it!!! The dr eventually came after what seemed like forever and she was born after about 2 pushes and with a good set of lungs and a ton of dark hair:o) Shes so beautiful and perfect and we are SOOOO blessed to have her here safely:o)
While at the hospital the poor girl had to have her blood sugar tested a bunch of times, plus all the other testing that they require... I swear she had to be poked in the foot about 15 times while we were there.. . And then she had to have what they call a car seat test before she went home. All babies under 5 pounds 9oz have to have this test. They stick three electrodes on her chest and also some device on her foot and they test the heart rate and oxygen saturation while she sits in her car seat. The test is supposed to last 90 minutes but after 45 minutes, her heart rate and oxygen saturation started dropping and the monitors started going off, and so they did another hour of testing with her laying down in the bassinet. She passed that test and so we had to rent a car bed to take her home... Poor little mama went through so much :(

The kiddos have been doing good. Noah had a hard time the first day or two but he is adjusting "ok" and ignores her most the time. I'm sure its going to be a big adjustment for him..Sky is just ecstatic about having a baby sister yet she isn't too interested at the moment either lol :) probably because she doesnt interact yet:O) I,myself love this stage but I am a little nervous about watching them all at the same time without help. Luckily my mom will be here for a few more weeks to help out, so that is nice! :) She has been wonderful to have here :O)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congradulations to the Hutchison Family. What a beautiful Baby Girl.
Lots of hair, how cute..
GOD BLESS,
From All The Gibson Families Here In Iowa

Alex and Heather said...

She's so cute! Congratulations! Everyone looks happy. Let us know when she has a name.

tree said...

Congratulations Andrea!! She's beautiful!! Enjoy your baby moon!