
Warning, this post will probably be whiny:O)
Yes I am turning 30 this year (gasp!) Im really not excited about it. Although Im never excited about my birthday and for some reason (that I really dont understand) Im always emotional on my birthday..
But anyway, 30 seems like a whole different realm of life. Anyway, I feel like Im getting old, and to top it off, my 30's get off to a great start with me wearing a heart monitor. (which, by the way, is causing me EXTREME anxiety)
To make a long story short, I had weird hearth arrythmias when I woke up last week, I thought my heart was stopping and so I called 911. By the time they got here my heart had reset to normal... I've had blood work done, x-rays, 2 EKG's and Ill have an echocardiogram next week... So far everything is fine (except I have a heart murmer) and so its probably nothing (maybe sleep apnea or anxiety) Anway, I'm supposed to wear this monitor for a month. I'm supposed to push a button when I feel strange in the heart area but I feel strange all day (tightness, short of breath,faint, irregular heart beats) because of the anxiety of having to wear the thing. Once the monitor fills up, I have to phone in the results. In the first three hours of wearing it, it filled up 3 times... ugh! Anway, I got a new monitor and it is a little better but still goes off alot (they say because Im very active)
I will get a new monitor in a few days that will monitor my heart 24/7 and I wont have to call in anything. This sounds better right? Its worse... or it makes my anxiety worse because now I will sit and worry about them calling me and having to go to the hospital or whatever... Worry wort eh? I get that from my dads side of the family... Lovely Lovely..Anway, Im hoping tomorrow will be a happy day... I'm also hoping to lose the monitors sooner then later. (Im awaiting a call back from the Dr) Please send monitor losing thoughts my way :O)
2 comments:
Yep...do you love the worrying jean?? I got it too........
ANDREA! I hope you're doing better. How scary for you. I don't see you for a couple weeks and you decide to get a heart monitor?! What's up with that?! Take care and remember--I live close by if you need any help.
Post a Comment