Monday, March 28, 2011

The Gym- a transition ( for all!)

So Ive decided to try to get Aubrie to go to the gym play area/childcare and so I can exercise a few more times a week! So far, not so good... Im going to track our progress here :)

Day 1- Aubrie and Noah said they both "wanted" to go to the gym while mom exercised.( I showed Aubrie where I would be) I took them in the play area, payed, signed in and off they went. Peeked through the window 40 minutes later, Aubrie was standing at the gate looking like she was ready to go but someone said she looked like she was doing fine. Went back to class, came back 20 minutes later to her crying her little eyes out. She said she was scared and sad ( including being scared of some boys) We left.
I think it was just as hard on me, I was secretly hoping she would miss me. You know, first time leaving her somewhere with someone else, yet I hated that she cried and was a little upset that they didnt come and get me.

Day 2- (only 2 days later!) Aubrie wants to go to the gym again and so we venture out. Again, her and Noah go in just fine. I come back 30 minutes later to the caretaker holding her while she cries her eyes out. I think once Noah runs off with other kids, she panics :( We leave early. I felt a little better about leaving her this day :) I'm sure it all gets easier as time goes on.

In the days after, every time I leave the house without her ( while Nate's watching her) she cries her heart out for me. On Saturday, she wouldn't even get up from her nap because I wasn't home. She laid in bed sad for an hour waiting :( Whenever I get home, she says " I sad" " I wanted mommy"  :( breaks your heart!   Here is a pic of my little sweet pea...


To be continued....

Day 3- Again, Aubrie wanted to go to the gym while mommy exercised. (with noah) She was all excited until we get inside the room. She burst into tears. She cried the entire time, and they came and got me after 20 minutes... Seems to be getting worse? I think we will give it a rest for a bit :) And this was after Nate took the kids to McDonalds for about an hour and she cried the entire time with him. When they came to pick me up, her little head was DRENCHED, like she had taken a shower. poor baby! Maybe she is just going through a mommy phase.

1 comment:

drettew said...

Oh boy! Looks like aubrie needs more daddy time!

So she's not so clingy to you..

You need your alone time! :)