Saturday, August 18, 2012

Bye bye binky...

I write this post with a tear in my eye. I just got done putting Aubrie to bed (without her binky) for the first time in, well, her entire life. It was a hard decision, one I didn't want to make, but in the end I didn't have too because Aubrie made the decision for herself :)
  The story goes like this... Yesterday, I took Noah and Aubrie to the mall and we made a stop by Build A Bear. We had been thinking about how to do away with Aubrie's binky. The Build a Bear idea had always been in my mind but I didn't yet have the gusto to go for it. In Build A Bear, Aubrie saw a sea horse that her cousin had had when they came to visit and that she had really loved. She instantly wanted it! I asked her if she would be willing to get rid of her binkies if we got her the sea horse, and she said YES! I wasn't so sure about the idea and so I told her we need to think about it and talk to dad.  That got her out of the mall but she talked about that sea horse the entire night and through out the next day ( today) She kept asking me over and over again if we could get rid of her binkys and go get it. I finally gave in and we rounded up all her binkies and put them in an envelope. On the envelope we wrote "To: Baby Girls" ( she wanted to send them to tiny baby girls) and then we went on our way to mail it and then headed to the mall. :) She was super excited at this point


 Into the mail they go....
On our way to the mall she fell asleep ( sans binky)
When we got to the mall, I woke her up and she was ready to go!
Aubrie took a little while to decide on an animal once she saw them all, but then settled on the sea horse again. She was a little scared of the stuffing station and so I got to fill her bear with love and warmth, while she watched from across the room lol :)
Filling up the sea horse :)
  She wasn't so sure about this station at first, but then it became fun after trying it out :)
 brushing her sea horse :)
After this, we looked at clothes but she wanted to come back next time and get clothes. We filled out the birth certificate. She decided on the name Sea Horse for her Sea Horse.
  So happy to have her sea horse!
 Happily playing with her sea horse at the mall play area :)
 We went back to Build A Bear after playing because Aubrie decided she wanted clothes now. She picked out a purple princess shirt and white skirt :) Still happy as can be :)
From here on out, things get a little harder. As the night goes on Aubrie gets more tired and wants her binky. Luckily, I'm able to comfort her but seeing her so sad makes me so sad :(   It makes me cry too! Eventually I got her up to bed, the poor girl sobbing. I got her calmed down with a few songs and then cuddled her until she fell asleep. Once I thought she was asleep I got up to sneak out and she immediately woke up with the saddest little face and reached out for me, more cuddles in store until she was fully asleep. Poor baby :(  Hopefully the night will be good and it will get easier as the days go by. I have to admit though, I do like being able to cuddle with her.  Here she is sleeping with her sea horse...
 She still looks unhappy. :(
I love this girl so much! :) Binky or no binky, she will always be my baby! I dont know if you can tell or not but I think getting rid of it was just as hard on me haha! My baby girl is growing up and it is a little sad at times. Update: 8/20- The next night, she did awesome, she asked for it a couple times, but no tears. Now, on the third day, she has pretty much forgotten about it :) Me, Im doing better too :oP

No comments: